Anthony Carraturo, VP of Lead Generation & Data Services, MeritDirect Thomas Harpointner, CEO, AIS Media
Andrew Kordek, Chief Strategist and Co-Founder, Trendline Interactive Tom Scearce, Principal, Falconry Group
Jordie van Rijn, Email Marketing consultant, eMailmonday
As Chief Strategist and Co-Founder at Trendline Interactive, Andrew Kordek has written dozens of strategy documents for clients who needed to build their subscriber lists—and no two strategies were alike. Because every organization has unique needs, Kordek says that there are "literally hundreds of ways to collect email addresses today." Kordek suggests that you think of acquiring subscribers "as a party. You are inviting them to experience your brand, and are asking for something precious from them." His bottom line: "Don't let your party suck...do it right." In this report, other thought leaders join the party to offer their best practices for building an effective subscriber list.
- Ensure that your sign-up process is streamlined.
- Plan the sign-up experience from your potential subscriber's point of view, from start to finish.
- Review your email analytics, then clean up your current lists.
- Don't bother with unrelated offers, no matter how tempting.
- Always include a call to action.
- Plan email acquisition like a big party that your guests won't want to leave.
- Know your audience and tailor content to their interests.