Proteon Announces the new Zimbra 8.0 Upgrade
The current Zimbra 6.0 email platform will be at end of life on 10/31/2014. It has served us well with a total realiability of over 99.99% However things age and need to be replaced. As a result we will need to migrate all chapter accounts to the new Zimbra 8.0 platform.
How does this affect you?
The new Zimbra 8.0 platform is the current state of the art. However, since it is only an upgrade everything should work the same. Here are some talking points to share with your team: This is a Zimbra 6.0 to Zimbra 8.0 upgrade so very little will change except the newer look and feel. The major upgrade is stability and usability.
- All of your email messages will migrate.
- All of your briefcase document will migrate.
- All of your folders will migrate.
- All of your calendar entries will migrate.
- All of the messages in you ‘sent’ folder will migrate.
- Your password will migrate
- All of your mobile phone connections will still work
- All of your tablet connections will still work
- All of your email application connections will still work.
- There will be no downtime or bounced messages however it might take over 24 hours for all the old messages to migrate.
In short everything will migrate except:
- Your forwarding preferences. You will need to login and reset your forwarding. Here is the link to reset your forwarding preferences (http://proteonsoftware.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=194:how-do-i-set-the-forwarding-address-on-my-zimbra-account&catid=88&Itemid=116)
- Your Signature file if you’re using it. (http://proteonsoftware.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=430:how-do-i-set-my-email-signature&catid=88:faq&Itemid=116)If you have any questions please reply to this ticket. It will automatically reopen on reply.
What you need to do.
Please discuss with your team on an acceptible date for the migration and then fill out a helpdesk ticket @ http://helpdesk.proteonsoftware.com to initiate the process.
On 10/1/2014 we will start proactively submitting tickets on behalf of the chapters that have not yet submitted their tickets.
We already have upgraded almost 40% of all the chapters proactively and the process is smooth and predictable. Many thanks go out to the initial chapters like PMI Central Ohio and PMI Central Florida for helping us work this process out.