Like cell phone technology which becomes outdated and unsupportable, website technology does as well. If your chapter is still on the old 1.5 Platform, NOW is the time to upgrade to the newer 2.5 Platform and not the end of the year when it will become a necessity.
The Proteon team has been working hard over the last year upgrading websites to the new 2.5 framework. We have upgraded over 50 PMI chapters and have created a seamless and smooth project plan to make the process almost effortless for the Proteon Chapter Partners.
Since upgrading to the 2.5 platform involves creating a whole new framework it is a chapter's opportunity to give the website a fresh new look and also have a website that is user friendly on all devices, no matter the size. There are exciting new templates from which to choose and endless possibilities to help increase membership and sponsorships.
Along with creating a fresh new look, the 2.5 platform provide:
- Migrating your core Joomla 1.5 content management system to Joomla 2.5
- Upgrading your ProDEP Automated DEP download component to the 2.5 version
- Adding the Chapter Web Services (Single Sign-On) capability recommended by PMI
- Adding the capability to perform automated branch support for the chapter
- Upgrading your Community Builder member management component to the 2.5 version
- Upgrading your DT Register event management component to the 2.5 version
- Upgrading your jNews email management component to the 2.5 version
- Upgrading your DOCman document management component to the 2.5 version
- Adding the AdminTools dedicated website security component for Joomla 2.5
If you would like to further discuss an upgrade to the 2.5 platform, please submit a ticket at Help Desk at Proteon Sofware and someone from our team will contact you.