Proteon introduces the "Chapter Spotlight". We are looking for a unique or innovative idea or process for each newsletter from a chapter for ideas from their website that is worth sharing with the other Proteon chapters.
Since this is the 1st month for the "Chapter Spot Light," I am going to choose my chapter, the California Central Coast Chapter as the chapter for this newsletter to get the ball rolling.
The California Central Coast Chapter has adopted a DTRegister only model for its Calendar and Event Handling on its Proteon Web Site. Thus we are no longer using JEvents.
The advantages to using DTRegister only model are:
- Event articles are automatically linked to Events
- Event sign-up buttons are automatically added to articles
- There are no deep linking issues during DTRegister upgrades
- Events that do not need sing ups can be set up via DTRegister
- Events that require off-site sign ups can be set up via DTRegister
- The DTRegister Calendar looks good
For Tips on the above items please see: DTRegister Only Tips
Here are the steps to migrate off of JEvents and adopt the DTRegister only model:
- Submit a Help Desk Ticket to:
- Re-Synchronize your Dev site from your Production site
- Request that JEvents be turned off on your Dev site
- Use the DTRegister Calendar on your Dev site and become comfortable with the DTRegister only model
- If there are issues you can always request that JEvents be re-enabled on Dev
- Once you are comfortable with the Dev setup, submit a ticket to turn off JEvents on your Production site